With RoboLibri a mobile robot platform was developed together with FAU Erlangen-Nuremberg, which is equipped with a novel RFID reader architecture for autonomous inventory and very precise product localization in all three spatial directions as required in agile intralogistics.
In addition, multimodal interaction interfaces are integrated on the platform for people guidance in the context of intelligent production environments or as a service application, e.g. for libraries.
Likewise, a general information provision of RoboLibri ensures easy access to the meta information of the inventoried products.
- highest precision RFID tag detection with 99% detection rate
- low operating costs
- process improvement
- effort reduction for employees
- easy usability for employees and visitors
- simplified, direct search in the catalog via voice control
- individually customizable evaluation of book positions, including interactive visualization
- Dimensions: 150 cm x 50 cm x 50 cm (H x L x W)
- Maximum speed: 1.0 m/s
- Run-time: 8 h
- Charging time: 2-3 h
- Weight: 50kg
- inventory and localization of tagged objects using multi-channel UHF RFID reader
- Autonomous navigation and 3D obstacle avoidance
- Safety shutdown board
Every bookworms friend.
This project has indirectly received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme, via an Open Call issued and executed under project TRINITY (grant agreement No 825196).
The opinions expressed in this document reflect only the author’s view and in no way reflect the European Commissions’s opinions. The European Commission is not responsible for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
RoboLibri in development and test phase
RoboLibri in action
Start your project today.
We offer free and non-committal consultation.